About Me

My photo
I have an art degree from Rhode Island school of Design. My visual arts background has expanded into the healing and transformational arts. I am a life/spiritual coach and wellness consultant. I have walked the shaman's path. I practice and teach Eastern and Energy Medicine, Shiatsu, Massage and Yoga. It is my experience that the power of touch and movement can access ones heart, soul, inner truth, unique expression and creativity which is a vehicle to living a joyful and fulfilling life. My blog will include my poetry, photographs, art, insights, experiences and suggestions for living a life that you love! If you are new to this site, please review my older submissions as well as the new ones for they all contain information and concepts that I wish to share and keep alive.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Buddha Nature

I consider myself to be more spiritual in nature then religious. I believe in the foundation of most religions: Love, peace, generosity, honesty and in a higher power from up above. As long as I can remember I have had an infinity for Buddha. I believe that life is a personal journey towards enlightenment. I have always felt comfortable and connected to the concept of God. I experience the energy of Christ as the power to heal, love and transform even when challenged.

When I partner in the sacred dance of bodywork and healing with my clients I know that I am channeling the energy of God. To me this is the healing energy of both Buddha and Christ coming through the universal source. There was a time when I kept this personal "truth" to myself. Then I had my astrological chart read. I was born during a rare lunar eclipse. My chart is a complex web of intersecting points connecting to all the other astrological signs. I was told that the diversity of my chart and the alignment of my stars strongly connected me to both of the healing energies of Christ and Buddha. Wow, now that I had confirmation of why I experienced my connection, it seemed easier to express. Part of my process to connect to my Buddha-Christ nature is to look for the light within. I achieve this through Meditation, Prayer, Yoga / Qigong, convening with nature, Art and Writing. Through these vehicles I am continuously discovering a new relationship with myself and channel techniques to help others through the same process.

Life is a learning experience where you have an opportunity to recreate yourself anew each day. Unfortunately the stresses of life, bad experiences, limited belief systems and a lack of support prevent many from living fully. When you learn to embrace challenge with an open heart and mind and allow yourself to be in a self inquiry around who you are, it is a clearing for rediscovering your inner truth. I strive and coach others around finding the gold (value) in every situation. This is hard to do when you are stuck in the middle of "life not working" but can have very satisfying results if you keep positive and have faith. Very often you can learn much about who you are in the process.
Finding 'Gold" Inner Peace, Truth and Happiness
 
We have the opportunity to learn more about ourselves each day. One of my personal transformations came when I was questioned by a christian client who noticed that Buddha was visually represented in my office and Christ was not. I do have a lot of angelic representation which to me has christian roots, but her observation was absolutely correct. Christ was not represented and I did not even realize this until she pointed it out. I felt drawn to self reflect and meditate on this. What I came to realize is that most representations of Christ is on the cross in death. I believe in and recognize the death and resurrection yet I still resonate with the life of Christ  as a teacher and healer much more. I experience his energy as the white light of love, purity, healing, truth and spiritual connection which is not a visual thing. During this meditation I realized if there were more images of Christ that resonated with my personal relationship with him, he would be more represented in my environment.

My quest began searching for images that I felt a connection to. I now have a Celtic cross and the "Gift of Spirit" statue on my altar. He is also represented in my "Sacred Space" that I am creating in what used to be my second floor rental apartment. This is the gold that I found after much stress and challenge dealing with tenants. Prayer and meditation pointed me in the direction of using the space for myself and my spiritual development. It has become my personal yoga, meditation and art studio as well as a guest space to share with others. I have faith that God will provide me with the resources to maintain this space without needing the rental income! Through challenge I have grown and recreated my environment as well as myself. I have expanded my connection to life, love, Christ and Spirit. I have embraced my Buddha nature, opened my heart to new creative endeavors and I am grateful that I can share my wisdom with others on their own path to enlightenment.


No comments:

Post a Comment