About Me

My photo
I have an art degree from Rhode Island school of Design. My visual arts background has expanded into the healing and transformational arts. I am a life/spiritual coach and wellness consultant. I have walked the shaman's path. I practice and teach Eastern and Energy Medicine, Shiatsu, Massage and Yoga. It is my experience that the power of touch and movement can access ones heart, soul, inner truth, unique expression and creativity which is a vehicle to living a joyful and fulfilling life. My blog will include my poetry, photographs, art, insights, experiences and suggestions for living a life that you love! If you are new to this site, please review my older submissions as well as the new ones for they all contain information and concepts that I wish to share and keep alive.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Garden Within My Soul



With each passage of the seasons, I age.
Each year has nurtured the flowers in the garden within my soul.

Time mirroring nature and the cycles of life.


Parts of my life, like annuals, bloom wonderfully then fade as the seasons change.


Other aspects are like hardy perennials that endure over time.

Returning every season with beauty and grace.
Growing, becoming well established and deeply rooted,
Yet easily transplanted as the garden expands and transforms.


I believe that plants are a reflection of the inner self.

They may be delicate, even fragile
Needing nurturing and tender loving care.


Some may lay dormant, awaiting the day when the proper conditions
Allow for sprouting, growth and full expression.

Others need support from an external source.
A lattice to lean on.


Weeds, like stress, sometimes try to dominant and overshadow the beauty and serenity and need to be tended to.


Some areas of the garden grow wild
While  others are manicured and maintained.


Water, earth, nutrients, compost and sun all help the garden to flourish.


Just as I have been fertilized by love, passion and creativity.  


My life experiences, relationships, and my spiritual journey
have enriched and connected me to the garden within my soul. 

             
                                                                      
                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment