- Inner Wisdom
- I have an art degree from Rhode Island school of Design. My visual arts background has expanded into the healing and transformational arts. I am a life/spiritual coach and wellness consultant. I have walked the shaman's path. I practice and teach Eastern and Energy Medicine, Shiatsu, Massage and Yoga. It is my experience that the power of touch and movement can access ones heart, soul, inner truth, unique expression and creativity which is a vehicle to living a joyful and fulfilling life. My blog will include my poetry, photographs, art, insights, experiences and suggestions for living a life that you love! If you are new to this site, please review my older submissions as well as the new ones for they all contain information and concepts that I wish to share and keep alive.
Monday, August 12, 2013
Suggestions for Healthy Living and How Shiatsu and Transformational Healing Sessions Can Assist You In Accomplishing Your Goals
1. Become conscious of the lifestyle habits that make you feel great (Expansive, happy and full of vitality) and of those that deplete. (Fatigue, stressed, depressed): The first step to transforming anything is to increase awareness, acknowledge what is and set a conscious intention to shift for the highest good. Try to observe your habits without judgment and honestly ask yourself ”Is this working for me?” If not, you can choose to transform an issue or situation yet you must be committed to the process. You do have choice in change but it must come from within. Receiving regular shiatsu/transformational healing sessions assists the body and mind in developing awareness and brings balance, which helps in the process of recreating your life.
2. Notice your emotions. Are you holding onto anger, fear, resentment, sadness, guilt, blame or shame? Feeling emotion is part of the beauty of being human. All emotions are valid as a response to certain situations. As long as an emotion is processed and expressed in a healthy way it dissipates and resolves. Emotions and issues not adequately processed can be held in the internal organs, muscle tissues and cells of the of the body and may cause an imbalance of energy. This can lead to fatigue, depression and if held long term – disease. Learn to let go and let live. Forgive and forget. Having fun assists this process. Allow yourself to enjoy life and indulge with moderation. Treatments help to unlock the tissues and release issues and unwind stuck emotions from the cellular memory.
3. Take action now (Just do it!): Shift the mindset of “ I will do it later (tomorrow)” Set healthy deadlines that are doable and allow yourself to appreciate your accomplishments. Don’t stress and enjoy the process. Shiatsu recharges the adrenals, which is the energy in charge of impetus, which allows you to move forward and accomplish things efficiently.
4. Frugality and simplicity as a lifestyle: Eliminate what is not needed in life. Anything that weighs you down and gets in the way of living fully. Removing excess leaves room to expand and feel energized. Saturation creates heavy energy. Being frugal can also mean buying high quality items but being more selective. With food it may mean eating better quality and smaller amounts. Treatments increase awareness and help you to identify what really matters.
5. Be present and breathe: Live in the present moment. Breathe in the air that supplies us with vitality and life. Breathing helps you to be more in touch with yourself, your body and your priorities. It brings clarity of mind, inner peace and focus. Realize that the past is just a memory that cannot be changed. Choose to release anything from the past that gets in the way of creating your future. The future is yet to happen and cannot be predicted so there is no sense worrying about it. You can begin to take steps to create your future, which begins in each new moment. Live and enjoy the “Now” Appreciate what you have instead complaining about what is missing. Notice the simple things that can satisfy. . Shiatsu and transformational healing increases breath capacity, which in turn increases your capacity for living. Treatments assist in the process of going within, of being in the” here and now” allowing you to be more present and open to a whole new realm of possibility.
Acknowledge your spiritual self: We are spiritual beings having a human experience. It does not matter what you choose as your belief, religion or practice. As long as it resonates with your personal truth. Embracing your spiritual self helps you to develop a better relationship with your body, mind and emotions and the process of life itself. Treatments act as a conduit for the discovery personal truth and finding a personal spiritual focus and path.