About Me

My photo
I have an art degree from Rhode Island school of Design. My visual arts background has expanded into the healing and transformational arts. I am a life/spiritual coach and wellness consultant. I have walked the shaman's path. I practice and teach Eastern and Energy Medicine, Shiatsu, Massage and Yoga. It is my experience that the power of touch and movement can access ones heart, soul, inner truth, unique expression and creativity which is a vehicle to living a joyful and fulfilling life. My blog will include my poetry, photographs, art, insights, experiences and suggestions for living a life that you love! If you are new to this site, please review my older submissions as well as the new ones for they all contain information and concepts that I wish to share and keep alive.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Three Treasures of Eastern Medicine

The eastern mindset on healing is multi-dimentional. The goal is to see the bigger picture of health. To treat the body-mind-spirit as an inseparable  whole. Eastern healing is based on the balancing of energy within the body including the meridians and chakras. The different aspects of energy within us are known as the three treasures; Ki, Jing and Shen.

Ki (Energy)




KI (CHI) is the vital life force that the body derives from air, water, food, movement, sleep and meaningful relationships. It exists throughout the body and contributes to overall well being.





Jing (Vital Essence)


JING is Essence or Power. It represents the core energy. It is stored in the kidneys and adrenals as well as in the abdomen (Hara) It can be explained as the battery of the body. Jing represents a person's potential and genetics. When you become adrenally exhausted you are wearing down the internal battery which leads to fatigue and ill health.



Shen (Heart/Spirit)


SHEN is our spirit, the energy of the Heart, Emotions and Conscious Mind. Within the individual, Shen is manifested in personality, thought, sensory perception, and the awareness of self. It is connected to passion and what gives life meaning. When this energy is off balance it can lead to depression and emotion/mental issues.





Eastern Medicine believes that all illness or disharmony is related to an imbalance in one or more aspects of energy. The goal is to seek out the root cause of a particular symptom and release it. To move and balance energy and work on core issues to facilitate deep healing. The body/mind needs loving support and guidance to get it back to a state of balance and homeostasis. Transformational Healing techniques such as shiatsu, acupuncture, craniosacral and energy balancing can assist you in this process.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog, I appreciate your support! I have added your blog to my google reader, and I'm looking forward to your posts.
    I have just completed my second attunement on my path to becoming a Reiki master.

    ReplyDelete